Friday, October 5, 2012

Pitch Perfect

I got pitch slapped.

A hilarious comedy. Spun with creative actors, and fun tunes. While I have recently developed a level 2 girl crush on Anna Kendrick, I also take delight in Rebel Wilson's comedy. While it is your blatant coming of age tale - it's done in a whole new light and comedy that you can actually enjoy it.

Casting was great, songs were great. I actually enjoyed the creative mash-ups and the a cappella songs we got to hear. The jokes were funny, and just raunchy enough to push the envelope. While battling a cappella groups seem a little childish - but when mixed with creative talent, and good writers, apparently anything can be worth watching.

I would go see this movie again, paying full price. And wouldn't mind owning the soundtrack, but maybe that's the part of me that loves musicals talking.

Year: 2012
Rating: PG-13
Actors: Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Skylar Astin, Adam DeVine

"You're gonna get pitch slapped so hard, your man boobs are gonna concave."

No comments:

Post a Comment