Monday, October 15, 2012

The Thomas Crown Affair

 Crime does pay. Handsomely.

I watch this film for the art, Pierce Brosnan, or Steve McQueen - whomever you prefer, and the enjoyable storyline.

A man - who's met his match. A wealthy man who has everything, and can have anyone - becomes stifled when he's attracted to the very woman that wants to put him away. Also stealing a the first impressionist painting by Claude Monet kind of puts you on a wanted list. But Crown's cunning wit always put him a step ahead of everyone else. That's whats so brilliant about this movie, from the beginning he knows exactly what he's going to do. While their relationship and attraction is the main event of the story. I am more transfixed by the game and the art. My love for Rene Margritte grows every time I watch this movie.

Anything that can pull a curtain over my eyes, seems to get high marks from me. And Pierce Brosnan also helps. I recommend both versions of the film, forever classics in my book.

Year: 1999
Rating: R
Actors: Pierce Brosnan, Dennis Leary, & Rene Russo

No comments:

Post a Comment